top of page

Frequently Asked Questions 

What is the definition of a Professional Provider? 

Family Code section 3200 defines the term "provider" as including any individual or supervised visitation center that monitors visitation. Supervised visitation is contact between a noncustodial party and one or more children in the presence of a neutral third person.

What is the Qualifications of professional providers? 

A "professional provider" is any person paid for providing supervised visitation services, or an independent contractor, employee, intern, or volunteer operating independently or through a supervised visitation center or agency. The professional provider must:

(1)  Be 21 years of age or older;

(2)  Have no record of conviction for driving under the influence (DUI) within the last 5 years;

(3)  Not have been on probation or parole for the last 10 years;

(4)  Have no record of a conviction for child molestation, child abuse, or other crimes against a person;

(5)  Have proof of automobile insurance if transporting the child;

(6)  Have no civil, criminal, or juvenile restraining orders within the last 10 years;

(7)  Have no current or past court order in which the provider is the person being supervised;

(8)  Be able to speak the language of the party being supervised and of the child, or the provider must provide a neutral interpreter over the age of 18 who is able to do so;

(9)  Agree to adhere to and enforce the court order regarding supervised visitation;

(10)  Meet the training requirements stated in (f); and

(11)  Sign a declaration or Declaration of Supervised Visitation Provider (form FL-324) stating that all requirements to be a professional provider have been met.

What is the required training for providers? 

Professional providers must receive 24 hours of training that includes the following subjects:

(A)  The role of a professional provider;

(B)  Child abuse reporting laws;

(C)  Record-keeping procedures;

(D)  Screening, monitoring, and termination of visitation;

(E)  Developmental needs of children;

(F)  Legal responsibilities and obligations of a provider;

(G)  Cultural sensitivity;

(H)  Conflicts of interest;

(I)  Confidentiality;

(J)  Issues relating to substance abuse, child abuse, sexual abuse, and domestic violence; and

(K)  Basic knowledge of family and juvenile law.

What additional training does CPP suggest? 

Free Mandated Child Abuse Training

Mandated Reporting for Child Care Providers (3 hours) or for Mental Health or Social Workers (3 hours) 

Free Mental Health First Aid

Just as CPR helps you assist an individual having a heart attack, Mental Health First Aid helps you assist someone experiencing a mental health or substance use-related crisis. In the Mental Health First Aid course, you learn risk factors and warning signs for mental health and addiction concerns, strategies for how to help someone in both crisis and non-crisis situations, and where to turn for help.

40 Hour Domestic Violence Counselor Training

The 40-Hour Domestic Violence Advocate training gives basic knowledge from which to build expertise and experience of options available to battered individuals, understanding of the dynamics of battering, and the philosophy of empowerment. The goals of the training include understanding the dynamics of domestic violence, becoming familiar with the resources and procedures, and develop a realistic attitude towards helping those affected. This is achieved through lectures, films, group activities, and Q&A.


Here are a few places that offer the course

How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime | Nadine Burke


Childhood trauma isn’t something you just get over as you grow up. Pediatrician Nadine Burke Harris explains that the repeated stress of abuse, neglect, and parents struggling with mental health or substance abuse issues has real, tangible effects on the development of the brain. This unfolds across a lifetime, to the point where those who’ve experienced high levels of trauma are at triple the risk for heart disease and lung cancer. An impassioned plea for pediatric medicine to confront the prevention and treatment of trauma, head-on.


Introduction to TBRI®     


Dr. Purvis gives an overview lecture of Trust-Based Relational Intervention®. TBRI® is an attachment-based, trauma-informed intervention that is designed to meet the complex needs of vulnerable children. TBRI® uses Empowering Principles to address physical needs, Connecting Principles for attachment needs, and Correcting Principles to disarm fear-based behaviors. While the intervention is based on years of attachment, sensory processing, and neuroscience research, the heartbeat of TBRI® is connection.

Does CPP recommend education or experience in Psychology, Social Work, Child Development, Human Services or Domestic Violence? 

The more education and experience that you have with children, youth and families the better you might be able to provide services to these families but it is not necessary. What is absolutely required is the heart for children and families who are experiencing temporary challenges. 

What types of supervised visitation are there? 

*Supervised visitation

*Supervised exchanges

*Telephone monitoring

* Skype visitation 

*Off-site visitation

* On-Site visitation 

*Phone visitation

*Overnight visits

*Minor transports

*Travel & Extended Visits arranged

After completing the 24 hours of supervision with CPP,  when can I get started conducting Court Ordered Supervised Visitations? 

To complete supervised visitations with Family Law Court you must obtain clearance through the TrustLine Process. There are additional fees for the LiveScan/ background check and registry fees. For more information go to 

CPP will provide you with the required application and explain the process, upon training with us. 

Does the Court or the family law attorneys set Professional Provider' rates? 

No, the Professional Provider set their own rate.

What is the average rate for Supervised Visitations in the Inland Empire? 

The actual rates vary from free to $75 for the intake and hourly fee.  Most Professional Provider's intake rate is between $25 to $50 per parent for the intake and $25.00 to $50 per hour for the supervision with a minimum of 2 hours.  Some Providers increase their rate for visitation that includes more than two children, children with special needs, holidays and mileage. The Professional Provider can charge an additional rate to write a report to the Court.

What might a Professional Provider earn in the Inland Empire? 

This depends on you, your marketing strategies and availability. On average one might earn $1000 to $1500 ($40 per hour/ 37 hours) per month.  The co-founder of CPP, Robin McCall, assisted an agency to obtain a contract with Children and Family Services to conduct Supervised Visitation for up to $50,000 per year. The earning potential is up to you and your resources.  

Where can I find clients? 

We strongly suggest that you obtain a listing in the Family Law Court at your local County Court.

The following link is to the San Bernardino County Family Law Visitation Provider Directory.

* Upon completing the training with us, we will provide you with the application and guidance on how to obtain the listing. 

CPP also suggest that you contact your local Family Law attorneys and Paralegal services to establish a partnership.

A Provider can also advertise on Social Media including Facebook and Instagram. 

I am relocating to another state. Can I become a Supervised Visitation Monitor in that state? 

The laws and regulations vary depending on the state. There are several states that provide the same opportunities while other only registered contracted agencies can provide such supervision.  Consult the local laws in that state. 

If you have any questions please call Lauren at (909) 219-1072

bottom of page